Monday, December 22, 2014

Store Review: Paigee Draw

Hello! Welcome back to another store review, this time I am reviewing the online store Paigeedraw.com!

Like before this review will be categorized into 5 sections:


  1. Website/Layout (If ordered from online) - Is the website easy to navigate?
  2. Availability of Copic Markers - Does the store have a decent stock of colors and markers?
  3. Organization - How well and quickly is it to find the marker you are looking for and how simple is the check out process?
  4. Customer Service - How communicative is the customer service?  Do they keep you in the dark until you get your package? Do they let you know if your product is shipped?
  5. Delivery & Packaging - How long did the delivery take?  Is the packaging sloppy?  Are there little things that the company did to ensure you got the best service possible?
Let's get started!



Website

PaigeeDraw is run by fellow manga artist Paige Rohrick.  Her website is almost like a blog (kind of) with a slideshow running though explaining the things she has to offer.  She runs a social website for manga artists and hosts contests.





The website is clean, and simple and all of the navigation is at the top.  This is how you will find her shop, by simply clicking the tab.  I really like how most of her media is from artwork Paige herself has drawn.  I felt that she really knew what it meant to be an artist, not someone who simply ran a shop for the heck of it.



Availability of Copic Markers

To be fair, unlike Oozak, I wasn't as overwhelmed with the selection of Copic available.  Many of the colors I was looking for only came in refills.  Whether they were out of stock or simply didn't carry that specific marker I was disappointed.  





I understand that this isn't a mass produced store but I watched Paige on her Youtube videos and the set behind her at times appeared as though she had MANY Copics available.



Organization

Simple navigation, easy directory, and a nicely placed section for featured products makes the shop's site great with organization!  I really like that on the website a kit is offered to those who wish to purchase more than one product.  The tabs are easy to follow and overall a good site.

The Copic pricing is very similar to Oozak's only the price stays at $5.24.  It's really up to you if you want to buy from here.  I see it as supporting a fellow artist.



Customer Service

I didn't order Copics for this review, however I did order a Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, It cost me about $2.00.  I had visited Paige's shop in hope of purchasing a Copic marker but like I stated before some colors were only available in refills.  I had contacted their Customer Service asking if they would have any in stock and have yet to hear from them.



My pen was ordered on December 6th and had arrived on December 20th. I do take into account that PaigeeDraw resides in Canada and I live in the United States that it will take a little while to be delivered to me.






My main concern was that I didn't hear anything from Paige or anyone about my order until it was shipped.  For a little while I thought that my order had been forgotten.  I just tried to think that I got a little used to Oozak's continuous communication that I fell cold turkey with PaigeeDraw.


Delivery and Packaging

So two days after I was contacted about my order had been shipped, my pen arrived in the mail via USPS.  Below are some image I took of the packaging.  Since it was only one item nothing too fancy was done to it.





Overall/Ratings
  1. Website/Layout - 5/5
  2. Availability of Copic Markers - 3/5
  3. Organization - 5/5
  4. Customer Service - 2.5/5
  5. Delivery & Packaging - 5/5

Some food for thought, I might order from this site again, I haven't exactly decided yet.  If I do however it will be for small things like pens, paper and such, but because of the pricing of the markers Copics may not be my main priority at this shop.

If you have any questions regarding this review please leave a comment or email us at:
copicstatus@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment