Friday, December 12, 2014

Store Review: Oozak.com

In a previous post I said that I had recently bought Copic makers from a website called Oozak.  Well they came in the mail and I was so excited to have them!

This review will be split up in 5 categories:

  1. Website/Layout (If ordered from online) - Is the website easy to navigate?
  2. Availability of Copic Markers - Does the store have a decent stock of colors and markers?
  3. Organization - How well and quickly is it to find the marker you are looking for and how simple is the check out process?
  4. Customer Service - How communicative is the customer service?  Do they keep you in the dark until you get your package? Do they let you know if your product is shipped?
  5. Delivery & Packaging - How long did the delivery take?  Is the packaging sloppy?  Are there little things that the company did to ensure you got the best service possible?
Let's get started!

Website

Oozak's website is very clean and simple, nothing too fancy.  All of the products are listed on the left side of the screen in blue tabs with most of the products in alphabetical order


To be honest, the simple layout kind of threw me off.  I was so used to seeing very complex websites with slideshows and sleek layouts that seeing the homepage for the first time had me a bit skeptical.  The thing that really put me at easy was seeing the green lock on the address bar.


Availability of Copic Markers

Let me tell you, I was very overwhelmed with the amount of Copics that were available in the site!  I was so tempted to just buy them all,  I wanted all the colors.  Oozak has practically all Copic products, ranging from the markers to special Copic paper and replaceable nibs and ink.



Since I was only looking for individual Sketch markers I clicked on 'markers' in the Sketch marker section... and then commenced the strong desire to buy everything.


As you can see the markers are listed by name and are in order from light to dark.  You can also search for markers based on colors.  
On the right column the price and how many markers of that color are in stock, if the number is negative that marker is out of stock, but you can still 'purchase' it you will just be listed as 'pre-order'


Organization

Overall the organization is great!  I found the tab and the markers I was looking for with ease.  The checkout process is also very self-explanatory and pretty easy to follow.

There are two things I will suggest though.  The prices on the website says each marker is $5.24, however if you create a free account, which only requires an email and password, the prices will drop to $4.99.  Also I do discourage buying one marker at a time.  Since each marker is $4.99 (with account) you have to include tax as well.  My tax was about $3 to $4 dollars. I had bought one marker separately because I forgot to add it to my order and the total came to about $8.30.  What I had not realized was that if I had added that one marker to my order (which included 2 other markers - the price came to about $14) I would have only paid about $19 or so instead of $21 for two separate orders.  Since I haven't bought sets yet I can't really compare that to individuals.

Just some food-for-thought!

Customer Service

I really appreciated how in touch this company kept with me.  Like most, when you place an order you get an automatic email saying thank you for the purchase and a small details about how much you paid and a rough estimate when the package should arrive.



The entire time I was waiting for my markers to arrive, I received an email from them with even greater detail about me order.


I think I just liked knowing that they had received my order and knowing that they were working on it since I didn't have confidence with them at first.



Delivery & Packaging

My package took about 3 days to arrive which is pretty quick compared to other times I have ordered something online.  My mistake waiting for the markers was thinking that it would be delivered through UPS.  When the emails clearly said USPS so when my mom tossed my something I kind of lost my mind.  I was so excited!

The packaging wasn't fancy but it was sealed very well making it slightly difficult to open with my hands.


This is what the markers where boxed in.  On the side it also told me how many markers were in the box itself.


There are two ways to open the box.  One would be the tab as shown above and there is also a removable strip along the center that can be torn off.


What's really nice about Oozak was not only did they send me reminders about my order, like the total cost and the amount I had purchased, but inside the package was a small receipt. 


Overall/Ratings
  1. Website/Layout - 4/5
  2. Availability of Copic Markers - 5/5
  3. Organization - 5/5
  4. Customer Service - 5/5
  5. Delivery & Packaging - 5/5
To end with this review, I highly recommend Oozak.  It is cheap and affordable and they are very quick with their deliveries.  This could also include that my state is literally neighbors with Michigan which might explain why mine got to me quickly.   I do want to say this though, Oozak clearly states on their website that they cannot send Copic markers outside North America, the Caribbean Islands and Hawaii not including Oahu in compliance with the manufacturer, Too Corporation.

If you have any questions regarding this review please leave a comment or email us at:
copicstatus@gmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment