Thursday, December 11, 2014

Where to buy Copic Markers?

One of the most difficult questions I kept asking myself when I finally decided to start buying Copics was, where can I buy them?

I automatically assumed that since they were a Japanese brand of markers, they were only available in Japan and that I would have to go through a Japanese web store to buy them.  After some digging around I discovered that not only was Copic's website available in English, but that there were local stores that I could go to that sold these markers!

 Below are listed 4 places that sell Copics, these places are based on where I have bought them and I intend to do reviews on.

First off, before I start listing place to buy Copics I highly suggest that you not start out with the Copic Sketch markers if you are on a budget, instead go for the Copic Ciao.  They were created specifically for college students and for artists on a budget and inexpensive.

Michael's




The first place and only store that I ran into that sold Copics in-store was a craft store called Michael's.  I freaked out when I saw they had sets and a rack full of individual markers.  It wasn't until I came back for some browsing that I decided to finally purchase my first ones.

Oozak.com




Oozak is an online store located in Michigan.  They are the only store that I have stumbled upon that sells Copics for a cheap price.  On their website they sell for $5.24, but if you make a free account the price drops to $4.99.

Copicmarker.com










This is the Copic official website.  Like Michael's, Copics sold here are pretty pricey since they go by the manufacturer's suggested price.  I've never ordered from here and I don't think I will, unless I need a certain marker that no other place sells what I'm looking for. Individual markers sell for about $7.99 each.

PaigeeDraw.com





PaigeeDraw is run by Paige Rohrick and is also the creator of PaigeeWorld, a social website for manga artists.  Her store prices makers for $5.24 a marker, about the same as Oozak.  I have on only purchased one item from here so a review is to come when I receive my item.

Conclusion

There are so many places online and stores that sell Copics.  To name a few that I feel that can be trusted I have listed above.  If you know of any other places please leave a comment so everyone can see or email us at:
copicstatus@gmail.com
and we might give the place a try and add them to this list that will be updated with each new store we visit!



No comments:

Post a Comment