Monday, January 19, 2015

Copic Sketch Marker - E00 (Skin White)

Before I begin I want to apologize for taking so long with this review, I have recently started college and I have tried to make that my main priority at the moment. I also want to apologize in advance for the lack of quality this review has.  Since I am reviewing a product for a well respected company who has created a big name for themselves there isn't much of anything negative to review.  Right now I can only compare the product to my expectations, I promise as I begin to grow as a reviewer and this blog expanse I will create more categories and make these review posts much more informative.
-----

I knew that when I first started looking into what Copic marker I should buy first One marker that has been highly recommended to me was the Copic E00 marker.  It works well as a beginning shadow for skin or as a base.  I personally use it as a starter for skin shadows.

This review will be split up into  categories:
  1. Cap On vs. Cap off - Each marker has the color of the marker on the tip of the cap, we will see how it compares to the color presented on the nibs.
  2. Cap vs Paper - Here we will see how the colors on the cap compare to the color applied on paper.
  3. Final Thoughts - I will discuss any other information that I want to put out there like possible uses for the marker, if I think the name or color or misleading, etc.,
Let's begin!

------------

Cap on vs. Cap Off

I'll admit, when I first saw this marker and took the lid off to see the nibs I was very concerned that the color I was seeing on the cap was not what I was going to get as an end result.






In the images above you can see that the color on the nibs (the second image is more accurate in color of the nib) has a more orange hue compared to the cap where the color is slightly more on the cream side. 

I late found out that the marker is actually a mix of both the cap and the color on the nibs when used on paper.

Cap vs. Paper

It's hard to see here because my lighting isn't the best but on paper the color has a slight orange/pink pigment than what is presented on the cap.  Other than that small concern the color on the paper matches almost exactly like what is shown on the cap.




 Overall the color on the cap and the color on paper match up pretty well.

Final Thoughts

E00 wasn't the color I was looking for when I purchased it, but I did find a nice use to it.  I found it blend beautifully with my other markers and now I use it as a base for shadows on skin.  A quick tip I would consider thinking about is, don't always rely on the caps when picking out colors.  I found that the caps tend to be a bit brighter that the end result.  If you don't mind that then great, but if you are really picky about your colors like me I would think about maybe buying the next brightest color in case the one you want turns out a bit darker than desired. 





If you have any questions, comments or concerns about this please contact us at:
copicstatus@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment